I had a great birthday weekend. Ed and I went to Jeremy & Karen's wedding on Saturday in St. Clair, Michigan. It was a long drive, but it was beautiful. Our hotel room overlooked the St. Clair river and Canada. The room was just okay - it was a bit crowded with 2 beds, end table, dresser, 2 chairs and a table. The view was beautiful, but not sure that was enough for what we paid. However, the other choices in town were horrible.
After the reception, we headed on an auto ferry to an island. The wedding party was staying at a house on the island so we went with them and partied for a little while. Our hotel was only 2 minutes from the hotel, but 30 minutes from the reception and another 10 from the island. Needless to say, we got back to our hotel room at 4am!! We then had to be back up and on the way home by 11am.
Monday, my birthday, I spent with mom at the pool. We spent 6 hours just hanging by the pool and then the guys grilled steaks for dessert. My first three calls/messages were from, in order, Cathy, Laura, and Kimmer. I also heard from Mom, Lori, Dave and the kids. I got messages from people I did not expect and heard nothing from people I counted on hearing from. It was sad to realize that I did not hear from a few.
All in all, it was a great and relaxing weekend.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sorry I forgot to call...we were busy moving. Happy belated Birthday!
Ed loves riding ferries.
Sorry kido, I thought about calling but knew you were in Lansing and so I did not. Hope you got my card! How was the short bread? love you - vick
Post a Comment