Saturday, August 06, 2005

New House

Well, first I would like to apologize for taking so long to get this info on the site. Ed and I bought a house and moved in the weekend of June 24th! It is wonderful - 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, 2 fireplaces, basement (1/2 finished), 2 car garage and a screened in breezeway between the house and the garage. Our yard (back and front) are both quite large with a lot of flowers and bushes already in. Apparently, the lady that lived here before was the President of the Lansing Garden Club. We have 4 black squirrels that run around the yards and they LOVE peanuts - we put some out everyday and watch them eat/bury them. The house needs quite a bit of work, but it is fun. We pulled up the carpet in the office and found hardwood floors, so that is the project we are working on at this point in time.

Ed is working 6, sometimes 7, days a week. I just finished the summer semester at school. This past summer I spent 2 days a week working at the Washtenaw County Public Defender's Office in Ann Arbor. I got to actually represent clients and participated in a bench trial and in jury selection!!! It was really great, tho the drive sucked. Now, I am studying for the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam, which will be on the 12th of this month. It is a requirement to pass before being admitted to the state bar. Then classes start again the day after Labor Day and that will be my LAST SEMESTER! I will be studying for the bar exam also, while attending my classes. Graduation is January 21, 2006 at 3:00 p.m., so I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, if I could just find a job. We love you all, please feel free to contact us whenever. Do not forget that you can make comments to this site and we will get e-mail notification.

No comments: