Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Life in Lansing

Okay, life in Lansing has become quite hectic. Unfortunately, our lives are being lived in other places. Ed is still in Missouri - hating life. The town is so small, there is no place to go shopping except to get groceries. Apparently, it takes 20-30 minutes to get to the nearest Wal-Mart or K-Mart. He did, however, get a chance to go disc golfing over the weekend in Iowa. I guess he is not too far from the border. He found a private course and played with the owner. He said he had a really good time and the scenery is beautiful.

My life is revolving around work, school, and my externship in Ann Arbor. Court was cancelled last Friday, so I got a 4 day weekend. I guess our Judge was sliding into home during a softball game and broke his leg in a few places. Looks like it will require surgery, so we are going to get a visiting Judge. Today, I spent the day doing legal research for a case that we are trying to keep something out of evidence. I also made a couple of client phone calls. Finished up early, so was able to avoid traffic and head home about 2:30 p.m.. My only free day is Sunday, so I drove to Kalamazoo to see the family. It was Gramma's 93rd birthday on Saturday and Uncle Henk & Aunt Rika are visiting from Canada. Daddy and I then headed back here to Lansing to spend some time together. We went to dinner, and the pet store. I played with a Chocolate Lab puppy - she was so CUTE!!!! I wanted to bring her home so bad, but we have not heard yet on the closing date for the house. Speaking of the house, daddy got to see the inside and the outside - one of few people to make it through the front door.

I should be hearing about the house this week, and will keep everyone informed. Hopefully, Ed will make it back soon so he will be here to help me move. I love you all. Stacy

No comments: