Okay, I know what all of you are thinking...what in the world is going on with Ed and Stacy???? Well, here is your update on our life. Final exams went great, I ended up with an A- in Labor Law, a B in Moot Court, and a B in Secured Transactions. I was THRILLED with the Secured Transactions grade, as that is known as the hardest class that Cooley has in the curriculum. After my exams, I spent a weekend in Miami with Cathy and Laura. It was a lot of fun, and it was great to just relax on the beach and not worry about studying.
Ed left for Missouri on May 9th to do some work in Trenton. It is a town of about 6,000 people, so not a lot of fun when they are not working. They are re-roofing a strip mall. So, he has been gone for a week and a half and when he called he let me know that they would be gone for at least another 5 weeks. And that is only if the weather holds up. They have lost a few days due to rain, hail, and tornado warnings! Needless to say, it is a little lonely at our house. I am definitely keeping busy, though.
On Mondays, I am at work from 8am - 5pm; Tuesdays I am in Ann Arbor interning at the Washtenaw County Public Defender's Office 8:30am - 5pm; Wednesdays I am in class from 3pm - 8pm; Thursdays I work from 8am - 5pm and have class from 6pm-9pm; Fridays I am in District Court in Ann Arbor from 8:30am - until the docket is done; Saturdays I am in class from 6pm-9pm. I do have Sundays free, but I use Saturday during the day and Sunday to catch up on all my reading and housework that I am unable to get to during the rest of the week. My work at the Public Defender's Office is great. I am working in the Misdemeanor Non-Domestic Violence section. On Tuesdays, I do client interviews and get files ready for the following day. On Fridays, I am actually in Court defending our clients. I am allowed to practice under Michigan Court Rule 8.120 under the supervision of a practicing attorney. The attorney I have been assigned to is Stephen M. Adams and we are in Judge J. Cedric Simpson's Court in Washtenaw County. I am learning quite a lot, and it is great experience to get in front of a judge and learn how the system actually works.
So, that is our update. Please feel free to make comments or just give me a call. I will try to keep this up-to-date.
Thursday, May 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment