Sunday, November 02, 2008

Interesting Saturday


Amanda popped over again this weekend. It was not planned, as I was not really feeling well. We did a little shopping at Meijer and then came back to the house and put on our pajamas and vegged out. We tried a new shot - Candy Corn - and drank some Midori & Sprite. Both were YUMMY!! We drank more than we thought because it all tasted so good and so easy to drink. I am afraid that these pictures show how "happy" we were.

We tried some new recipes - truffles, lemon bars, spinach artichoke dip. The best spinach artichoke dip I have had. We even toasted our own pita chips to eat. Truffles were easy, but not. They were pretty labor intensive, only two ingredients, but messy as you are rolling them in your hand and trying to get them to not melt. The lemon bars are some of the best.

We watched a couple of movies - I Am Legend and Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Let me just say "OH MY GOODNESS!" Thank goodness Amanda was here, because if I had watched "I Am Legend" by myself, I would not have slept for days!!!! It was phenomenal, but freaking scary! Thank goodness for Magorium, it helped get rid of some of the images in my brain.

No comments: