Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Change



People are afraid of change. Me, I welcome it when it comes to this election. Our country needs a shake up and President Elect Obama is the man to do it. Yep, I voted for him, unlike most of the people I know. People were shocked - "but Stacy, you are so conservative, you are a hard worker, you HATE social welfare programs." These are all true, but when I looked back on the last 8 years under President Bush, I could not find one thing that made me happy that he had been in office.

I am hoping that President Elect Obama keeps his promises and changes this country for the better. Social welfare programs are good, if they are done right. They should not be forever, there needs to be limits per person, there needs to be requirements that you are in school, or getting job / career training. This country is the "Land of Opportunity" and our citizens need to take advantage of this and make something of themselves. It is so much more rewarding when you earn what you get rather than sitting on your ass and waiting for a handout. Stand up, be proud, make something of yourself.

No comments: