what it is I want to be when I grow up. I always thought that at my age, almost 36, I would be in a career I love. Instead, I am doing something I do not enjoy, at all. It is making me question my decisions and I have come to the realization that I made a HUGE mistake going to law school. Yes, it was my decision, but it was not what I really wanted to do. I listened to everyone else and was at a point in my life where I felt I needed to make other people happy and not care about me. I should have continued doing what I was doing. What was that? I was enrolled at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia, in the Forensic Science program. I was so lucky to be there and I was looking forward to my future. This school has a place where they bury pigs so you can examine them and see the different levels of decomp as a human would decomp. It is SO cool!!!! (they used to have this, not sure if they still do.) I was loving life, taking 15 credits, working full time in the emergency room at the Medical College of Virginia and volunteering as an EMT on the weekends. I was busy, I was tired, and I was happy.
Do not get me wrong. By moving back to Michigan and going to law school, I met the person I will spend the rest of my life with. I love him and can not imagine life without him. I am just reflecting on what life is, and what it could have been.
Now, I need to make some decisions regarding my future. I have pretty much decided that I am leaving the legal profession behind. It does not interest me anymore and it does not make me happy. I am not excited about my job. In fact, I have to talk myself into going to work every single day. Besides, I am tired of living my marriage over the phone. It is time to move forward.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment