Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Roller Coaster of Emotions

What a weekend! Justice and I drove up to Lansing on Friday, getting in about 7pm. Ed and I headed to dinner around 9pm, just the two of us. I have really missed him and this situation is going to change.

On Saturday morning, we had a memorial service for Ed's Grandmother, Marcella, who passed away on Thursday. I had never met her, and Ed had not seen her in about 20 years. It was a great service and I think I got to know her through this. I met Ed's Grandfather, Russell, and we got to see the rest of the Lebbon family. It was an awful reason for the family to finally get back together, so they decided that there will be a family reunion this summer here at mom and dad's place,since they have the pool!

Saturday afternoon, we headed over to Kalamazoo. My step-mom, Vicky, graduated from Western Michigan University AND turned 50 on the same day!! This was the best time I have had in a long time. I got hugs and picked on and talked to by people I just adore and had not seen in quite awhile. It helped to solidify the fact that we need to get closer to family and friends. I really miss being able to just drive an hour and see the people I love and grew up with.

Sunday, mom and I went shopping!! Yep, dad and Ed let the girls loose. We had so much fun and bought whatever looked good. Then, we headed to PF Changs for dinner. This was so great, as I do not get PF Changs EVER!!! Ed is not a chinese food fan. I had my most favorite drink - Key Lime Martini. OH MY GOODNESS, if I could figure out how to make these at home, I would have one or two or three every night. Yes, it is that good.

Monday, I just hung out around the house with Justice, as everyone else was up and out the door early for work. I got to have lunch with my friend Alyssa who is pregnant and due in August. I had not seen her since she told me in December that they were expecting, so I finally got to see the belly bump. I also had a chance to look at what could possibly be the location of the Lebbon Law Firm - if I decide that this is what I am going to do. This space would put me in very close proximity to 8 other solo practioners, so I would have people I could go to with questions and get the chance for overflow work from them. I plan on making a decision before I leave here tomorrow.

No comments: