Friday, July 23, 2004

Beautiful Day

Today was absolutely beautiful!!  The sun was shining and it did not rain - which is a huge deal here.  I got up around 8am and headed into town after doing some homework.  It is quiet in my house, as almost everyone is gone for the weekend.  Barb headed to Paris at 530 this morning.  She is spending the weekend at the Disneyland there.  I decided to just stay here and relax.  My first stop was to buy a new pair of tennis shoes.  My headed into the trash.  Then I walked through the Cambridge Farmers Market.  It is open 7 days a week, with different vendors there.  I bought a plum that was delicious.  Then I just walked around for a couple of hours before heading to the grocery store.  Called Ed before he headed into work and then I spent the next two hours at Parker's Piece.  It is a huge park across from the College, and it even has it's own Cricket Field.  Watched a Cricket match the other day, and understood NONE of it.  Got to touch a hedgehog last night.  They are all over campus late at night and early in the morning.  They do not attack or runaway, they just curl into a ball until the perceived danger leaves.  They are VERY prickly...kind of hurt my finger.  Well, just wanted to give an update.  I may send some pics of Cambridge to Ed to this weekend so he can get them up on the site.  Until next time.

No comments: