Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Time keeps on slipping...

Hard to believe that it is the 7th of January already. I know it does not seem like I should be so shocked, but I had plans for where I would be already. Those plans just keep on falling through and the future is not headed in the right direction. Okay, maybe it is the direction God has planned for me, but I do not see the positive in that right now. I live paycheck to paycheck, and I really thought that by now I would be a little more comfortable. Hell, I am 36 years old and I feel like a college kid. I hate being in debt, but cannot figure out how to get out of debt. There are many plans out there that people use, but who knows if they work. We have things planned for this year, and we need to be financially solvent for these things to work. Maybe this is not the place to bitch & moan, but I feel the need to vent. Who ever thinks that in their 30s they would still be trying to stay above water? I swore that I would never end up like my parents, trying to figure out how to pay bills, living paycheck to paycheck, wishing for a better job. I want to love my job, I want to love going to work everyday, I want to be happy with my decisions and feel that I have done something good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cathie and I used Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace program to get out of debt and learn how to budget... i've got the tapes (yes, tapes) and books if you want to borrow them. Friends of mine who make $1M/yr and make $20k/yr use it and like it.

Vicky said...

Kido, sometimes you have to find your happiness outside of what you will get for it. Look at where you are spending - track it and see where changes can be made. But live to be happy, not wealthy!