Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Mouth Pain

Well, I woke up Friday with what I thought was a toothache. Made a dentist appointment for Monday morning and discovered that there is nothing wrong with my tooth. Thank goodness, since I was worried I would need a root canal. It turns out I have a gum infection due to improper brushing and not flossing like I should. I had to go back in today for a 1 hour appointment so they could do a debridment of my teeth/gums - removing all tartar/calcium build-up. Needless to say, it HURT. I am so sore, it feels like my whole mouth is one big toothache. I have to go in again in a few weeks so they can do it one more time. Lesson of the day?? Brush and floss your teeth 3 times a day. Do not end up like me, it is worth the extra time to floss to save yourself the pain that could ensue at a later date.

No comments: