Saturday, January 02, 2010

Ruminations


I have been sitting here the last few days, thinking over the events of the last year. A lot of stuff has happened, both good and bad. There are things to be thankful for, and things I wanted to curse God for. Heck, there were days when I questioned the existence of God. Yep, I said it. God pissed me off a few times. But, he also provided some wonderful and exciting events in my life in 2009.


I have lost family members to cancer. I have lost family members to stupid decisions and stubborness. I have lost friends, and I have gained new friends. I have reconnected with family that I have not spoken to, or spoken of, in over 10 years.


Ed finally moved back to Ohio, only for me to move to Kansas City. It is a new job, a new experience, and a new headache. We are trying to find a way to get us back in the same house, even if it means I quit my job and try to find something new. In our almost 7 years of marriage, I am pretty sure that we have spent more time apart than we have together. That makes for a strain on the relationship, but it makes us appreciate our time together.


Now, we move forward. There will be no looking back. There will be changes, and yet things will stay the same. May 2010 be all that you hope for it to be.

No comments: