Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Well, Ohio got hammered by Ike. We had no rain, but we got the hurricane force winds. It was gusting through the state at 70mph - it was like a hurricane without the water. I had to drive through it on my way home from Michigan on Sunday. It was VERY difficult to keep the Jeep on the road. It was definitely the most scared I have ever been driving a car. Our neighborhood looks like a disaster zone. Luckily, we have no damage. Just a few branches on the ground. Others were not so lucky - trees uprooted, roof damage, no power. Our county has declared a state of emergency and people are still without power. In fact, I am storing some food in my freezer for a co-worker who has no electricity and she only lives 2 minutes from my house.



This is a picture of my next door neighbor's front yard. His is not too bad, two doors down, around the corner, there are a couple of houses with whole trees laying down.

No comments: