Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Cincinnati Zoo

Today was the LexisNexis Employee Picnic - it was at the Cincy Zoo. We got there at 9am, right when they opened and walked around until 12n when they served lunch. After lunch, we spent another couple of hours walking around. I think we left around 3pm. It was so much fun. Their website is: www.cincyzoo.org and if you have a chance, you should visit. It took us about 45 minutes from our house.

We started at the elephants and made our way around. The polar bears were huge, the manatees were amazing. I cannot believe how graceful manatees are, considering their size. They are HUGE! We saw white lions, white tigers, black bears, red hogs, flamingos (that were more white than pink) and so many other things. We look forward to taking visitors there. It is not too expensive, unless you want to eat. I think we will take a backpack with sandwiches and water on our next visit.

There are more pictures on flickr. And, of course, Stacy will be doing a scrapbook of our visit.

No comments: