| Hello to everyone from Scotland!! This country is absolutely beautiful. There is open countryside everywhere, which is an awesome thing to see. The first picture is of Alnwick Castle. For those of you who watched Harry Potter's first movie, this is the castle they used to represent Hogwart's Academy!! It is so beautiful up close and, of course, does not look quite the same as it did in the movie. Edinburgh Castle with the fog - that is how we came upon it on Saturday night. We were on our way to the castle to see the Edinburgh Military Tattoo, which is an amazing show put on every year in Edinburgh. It is basically a talent show, with acts by different military bands throughout the world. There were bagpipes, of course, and the
Royal Airforce, a band from the military in China, and even South Africa's Navy band. Everything was enveloped in fog, but I think it added to the atmosphere. Unfortunately, the fog was so thick, they decided not to do the fireworks at the end. There is so much to see in Scotland, and so many pictures that I want to share. I look forward to seeing everyone soon, and hopefully, I will be able to get all of these pics into a scrapbook to show off. Just an FYI...school is starting for me the day after Labor Day, and I will be taking four classes Monday - Wednesday. Love to all. |
Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Scotland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Stas,
Yeah! I can't wait to scrapbook with you again, but more importantly, just to see you!!!! Have a blast in London!!
Love you,
Kim
Post a Comment