Sunday, October 08, 2006

Many Emotions

What a rollercoaster of emotions we have been on this weekend. On Friday, I drove to Kalamazoo to spend the weekend with my best friend, Kimmer, for her birthday. I took her to Red Lobster. Little did she know, I had a little surprise up my sleeve - more than one. I arranged to have our friends Cathy and JoLynn meet us there and Kimmer was quite shocked to be met by them and a birthday balloon bouquet!! Then, on Saturday morning, Kimmer's mom, Jean, and friend, Lynn, arranged a surprise party at Kansas City Dipping Grill. To say Kimmer was shocked when she walked in and 30 people yelled "SURPRISE!!!" is an understatement! Pictures will follow.

Unfortunately, we also received some bad news. Our brother-in-law's mother, Lynn, has been battling pancreatic cancer for 11 months. She lost the battle Friday night around 11pm. Lynn has touched the lives of so many people in so many ways. I drove from Kalamazoo to Ft. Wayne, Indiana today to get Ed from work and then we drove here to Lansing to be with family. Visitation is today and the memorial service will be tomorrow at 11am. To learn more about Lynn, her life and her family, please visit Dave's blog at: www.davekurt.blogspot.com

No comments: