Monday, May 02, 2011

Right to Free Speech

I am going to exercise my right to free speech. If I offend, I am sorry, but I am learning I have to say what is in my heart, or it just eats at me.

So, we buried Osama bin Laden at sea. Why? To respect the traditions of Islam. Are you freaking kidding me???!!! I understand that our country was founded on the premise of freedom of religion. I understand that we should be better than those that condemn us because of our religious beliefs. Unfortunately, my heart can not stand by it. He did nothing but kill and torture and terrorize because of his "beliefs." For that reason, I cannot stand behind our President and his decision to respect bin Laden's beliefs & traditions. It makes me sick that we are so tolerant. We lost thousands of innocent people and service men & women who sacrificed their lives. Yet, we try to be respectful of the one person who was behind all this death.

1 comment:

A said...

What would you rather have us do with his body? It has to be disposed of and we can't afford to let his grave become a rallying point for an Al Qaeda martyr.