Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Chronic Pain

Well, it has been almost 4 weeks since I woke up with the neck pain. I was taking ibuprofen like it was going out of style. And, it did nothing to help. I had to take an over the counter sleeping pill every night to get a little bit of sleep. The doctor has put me on Flexiril, a muscle relaxer. Unfortunately, it makes me fall asleep for a minimum of 4 hours. So, I cannot take it during the day. The doctor says that I am lucky it was just my left side hurting, as my muscles are all tight from shoulder to shoulder.

Yesterday was one of the worst days. Today, it has moved into my left shoulder and I can barely lift my arm. I see the doctor again in a week. What sucks as much as the pain is the fact I am not allowed to go to boot camp or run until I see her again on the 14th. My membership at BootCamp and the gym both run out the 15th. So, I wasted my money on Groupons I cannot use.

I wish I could figure out what I did to my neck. Hoping the doctor can figure it out & fix it. Not sure how much longer I can go on with this.

No comments: