I said goodbye to Kevin today. He needed more space and attention than I could give him. An employee at City Pets, a locally owned pet store, was kind enough to take him. She really likes rats, and has a couple at home already. I know I did the right thing, but why does that not make me feel any better? I only had him for a week and a half, but it feels like I gave away a part of me. The apartment seems a little more empty. I think I will go next door and hang out with Lucy. Little doggie kisses are bound to make me feel better.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
The Right Thing?
I said goodbye to Kevin today. He needed more space and attention than I could give him. An employee at City Pets, a locally owned pet store, was kind enough to take him. She really likes rats, and has a couple at home already. I know I did the right thing, but why does that not make me feel any better? I only had him for a week and a half, but it feels like I gave away a part of me. The apartment seems a little more empty. I think I will go next door and hang out with Lucy. Little doggie kisses are bound to make me feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment