Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Weekend

We had a great weekend. Andrea & Vicky arrived on Friday and we all went out to dinner to a new mexican restaurant. It was okay, but we will not go again. On Saturday, we woke up and had a HUGE breakfast at Perkins Restaurant and then headed to the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base. The National Air Force Museum is located there. It is amazing! We only made it through a quarter of it and we are looking forward to going back. Ed had never been to an IMAX, so we all took time out of our walking and saw a movie - "Figher Pilot: Operation Red Flag." It was pretty good, but the theatre looked smaller than other IMAX theatres I have been at. Saturday night, we made pizza and watched a movie, "Lemony Snicket and a Series of Unfortunate Events." Weird movie, but not bad. I understand that it was based on a book series, so am wondering if there will be more. They left after breakfast on Sunday morning. It was really great having family here. I did not realize how much I miss being closer to them.

On Sunday night, New Years Eve, Ed and I stayed home. This is our tradition. We do not enjoy the crowds or the traffic. It is nice staying home and just enjoy each other's company. We watched a couple of really great concerts in HD. We saw Sheryl Crow in Ohio (right up the road, actually) and U2's Vertigo Tour from Chicago. Both were previously recorded, but they were phenomenal! After, we switched over to MTV and watched the ball drop at midnite. Then we watched a few more musical acts and headed to bed.

On Monday, we had a few friends over to watch the Rose Bowl. The game was a huge disappointment, but the food was pretty good. Justice loved all of the attention he got this weekend. I think he will be very needy the next couple of days.

No comments: